Video Visitation is a video conference between the local Visitation Room Kiosk and the inmate.
To access either method, you will need to create an account through HomeWav LLC.
For more information or to create an account, click http://www.homewav.com/
To view Frequently Asked Questions, http://app.homewav.com/account/signup
Equipment needed to visit the inmate:
- Computer with Windows Operating System
- High speed Internet Browser & Adobe Flash Player
- Speakers or Headphones
- Camera and microphone
To create an Account:
Go to http://app.homewav.com/account/signup and fill in the required information.
- Complete the Log in procedure as a new user.
- Add funds to your account for a specific Inmate.
- Wait for funds to clear & post to your account.
- Accept incoming call from the facility.
- Families stay connected. Visiting family members or friends is an important way to maintain connections during incarceration and enhance the inmate’s success both while incarcerated and after release.
- THE HOMEWAV SYSTEM IS AS SIMPLE AS A PHONE CALL.
- Inmates can visit their spouses, kids, parents, grandparents, and friends in a less traumatic and more natural environment. It can be comforting to see that their homes and families are OK. They can even see their pets.
- The cost to visit is minimal when compared with travel expenses or taking time off from work. Generally the costs are comparable to making a collect telephone call from the facility.
- There is NO MINIMUM CALL length and NO CONNECTION FEES. An inmate’s children can say goodnight, from the comfort of their own home, for the cost of a one minute visit.
- Family and friends are spared the distress and difficulties involved with traveling and making visits in a jail or prison environment and can visit at more convenient hours. Family members from distant locations can now more easily visit their loved ones more frequently.
- Provides and allows auto detection of incoming calls
- Shows the name of incoming call
- Provides confirmation as to whether Inmate is online
- Allows a Visitor, who is approved and registered to login using a Username and Password, and connect from anywhere in the WORLD with High Speed Internet for a flat per minute fee
- Provides and allows home user to add minutes to an individual inmate account in one minute increments
- Provides the home user the option of accepting or refusing a video call
Local and Virtual Video Visitation Guidelines
Limited to one 20 minute visit per inmate, per day.
There will be NO SCHEDULING for local visits; it will be a first-come, first-serve basis.
Effective March 30, 2015, the schedule for local virtual visits will be:
- Monday 8:30-10:00am, 1:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30-10:00am, 1:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30-10:00am, 1:00-3:00pm, 6:30-10:30pm
- Thursday 8:30-10:00am, 1:00-3:00pm
Offsite virtual visits
- Your friends and family can visit you via the internet using a computer, tablet, MacBook, iPad, smart phone (apps available for Apple and Android devices).
- The cost of a visit is $.50 per minute. There is a $.50 fee for any purchase. A ten minute purchase would cost $5.00 plus $.50 for a total of $5.50. The minimum length of visit is 1 minute ($.50), which is collected when your call is connected. The maximum visit length is 20 minutes. All sales of minutes are final.
- Refunds are subject to a $7.50 processing fee. Refunds are at the discretion of Home WAV.
- SCHEDULE will be: 8:30-11:45am, 12:30-5:30pm and 6:30-10:45pm daily
Rules and Regulations for Local and Virtual Visits
- Visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Persons who are unruly and using obscene language will be asked to leave and the visit will be terminated.
- Clothing must be conservative and NOT revealing. Nudity is not permitted.
- All visitors are subject to search.
- Introduction of contraband into a correctional facility is a felony of the 3rd degree (F.S.951.22).
- There will be no smoking in the Visitation Room.
- Pictures of an inmate cannot be taken.
- Visitors will be responsible for their children. If children become disruptive, the visitor will be asked to leave.
- Minor children will not be left in the Lobby without adult supervision.
- Local visitation is limited to 3 visitors at a time.
- Visitors must place all property in the secured lockers provided in the lobby.
- Inmates currently in a locked down housing unit which includes administrative, segregation, red dot, or disciplinary will only be authorized up to 2 hours (six 20 minute sessions) per week.
- There are times when access to the facility will be denied for security reasons.
- The above Rules and Regulations pertain to all visitors. Violators will be denied visitation.
- The rules and regulations for visitation may be changed at any time for security purposes.
- Local and virtual visits can be cancelled at any time based on security issues.