WHO ARE WE?
Orange County Corrections employees are here to enhance public safety by operating a safe, secure, and humane correctional system.
We recruit both Florida Certified and Non-Certified Correctional Officers to join one of the largest and most advanced jail systems in the nation.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITIONS
Can you meet these requirements?
- U.S. citizen.
- Florida Certified Correctional Officer.*
- At least 19 years old.
- Have a good moral character and meet our background requirements.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Driver’s license with good history.
- Be drug free.
The Orange County Corrections Department uses the following hiring process for both Florida State Certified Correctional Officers and Correctional Officer Recruit programs:
- Position is posted
- Orange County Online Application (Florida State Certification as a Correctional Officer and Recruit)
- 34 Page Employment Questionnaire
- Panel Interview
- Background and Criminal History Check
- Polygraph and Psychological Evaluations
- Medical and Drug Screening
- Job Offer
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an Orange County Correctional Officer, you work directly with inmates to maintain safety and security.
We work 24/7. If selected you will be assigned to work shifts, weekends and holidays in secure areas, often without direct supervision.
Opportunities for advancement are available.
- Check out Apply for a Job to see our current vacancies.
- Participate in a panel interview.
- Pass the background and criminal history checks.
- Pass the polygraph, psychological, medical and drug screening.
- If you are made a job offer you will attend both an Orange County and Corrections Department orientation.
Orange County Corrections Department
HR Corrections Officer Recruiting Section
P.O. Box 4970
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 836-3519