Amherst County Hours Of Visitation
Tuesday – Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Inmate Workers & Work Release – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Inmate Workers & Work Release – 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Parking available on site
Contacting Amherst Inmates By Mail:
C/O Amherst County Adult Detention Center (or ACADC)
P.O. Box 1150
, VA 24572
RULES & GUIDELINES FOR VISITATION
The following are visitation rules and guidelines for all sites. Any visitor not following procedures may be denied visitation.
ALL VISITORS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.
- There may be some occasions when visitation might have to be delayed or canceled without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Visitors are advised to leave personal belongings in their vehicles.
- Visitors must have a valid picture I.D. The I.D. must not be damaged, torn, taped, or altered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You may not use your cell phone inside the building. It must be truned off.
- No cell phones, recording devices, or any other electronic equipment allowed in the visitation area unless approved by the Site Administrator.
- You must be on the inmate’s visitation list to visit.
- The name on your I.D. must match the name on the inmate’s visitation list.
- No more than 3 adult visitors at one time.
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or submit a notarizedJuvenile Visitation Form and be accompanied by an authorized adult visitor. Only non-incarcerated parents or legal guardians may authorize juvenile visitation. A parent or legal guardian can obtain this form from the Officer on duty.
- Any former inmate must wait 6 months after release before they will be allowed to visit any inmate at a BRRJA facility.
- Visitors may only visit once per week.
Visitors will be dressed properly:
- No see-through clothing
- No bathing suits
- No tank tops, halter tops, tube tops, sleeveless tops, or sleeveless dresses
- No mini skirts
- Shoes must be worn
- No items of clothing deemed inappropriate by Shift Leader
- No hats, head gear, or hooded clothing
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts shall be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee
The following items may be brought to the jail by visitors:
- Prescription eyeglasses (no cases)
- One (1) medic alert bracelet or necklace
- Prescription medication approved by the facility medical staff
- Religious materials (as approved by the Site Administrator)
- Hearing aids
- Lawyers, Probation and Parole Officers, or Social Services Workers may leave legal documents and other items approved by the Site Administrator
These items are accepted Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., excluding holidays.