Visitation: Clay County Jail near West Point MS
Phone: 662-494-2896 • Fax: 662-494-4034 • • 330 West Broad Street • P.O. BOX 142 • West Point, MS 39773 • Administrative Office Hours: M-F 7am-4pm
- Any visitor 18 years of age or older is considered an adult.
- Any changes to the visitors list can be made by submitting an inmate request form made to the attention of a detention deputy.
- It is the responsibility of the inmate to contact those persons listed as visitors and advise them that only they will be allowed to visit or about any changes to the list.
- Attorneys and clergy members are not required to be listed on the visitor’s card.
- Falsifying information on the visitors’ list or visitors falsely identifying themselves to be the person on the list, may cause the inmate to lose his/her visiting privileges, either temporarily or permanently.
- Visiting days and times shall be posted in the visitor lobby and cell blocks.
- It is the responsibility of each inmate to notify prospective visitors to be here 30 minutes prior to visitation, as well as the rules pertaining to visitation.
- Visitors should only bring their car keys and a photo identification card. No other materials are allowed to be taken upstairs.
- Visitors must register and provide proper identification which includes a recent photograph. (D.L., I.D. Card, Military I.D., etc.)
- Each visitor will be searched before entering the visitation area.
- Visitors impaired by alcoholic beverage or drugs will not be allowed to visit and could be subject to arrest.
- A visitor may visit only the inmate on whose visitor list his/her name appears.
- Each inmate will be permitted two hours of visitation per week with one adult visitor each time, space permitting.
- Anyone attempting to visit more than two hours a week will be suspended from visitation for 30 days.
- Inmates must submit to certain restraints such as handcuffs, leg irons, waist chains, etc. in order to have a visit. The type of restraints used will be determined by the supervisor on duty.
Visitors’ Dress Code
- Visitors must be properly dressed before they will be allowed to visit. Clothing that is torn or purposely altered from its original manufactured design shall not be permitted for wear during visitation.
- Male visitors must be attired in shirt, trousers and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts will be permitted in the jail facility. Tank tops are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive slogans or artwork are not permitted.
- Female visitors must be attired in conservative clothing and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts, dresses with length below the knee are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts, bathing suits, halter tops, camisoles, tank tops or any other top that shows cleavage are permitted inside the facility.