- 1.What are visitation hours at the jail?
- Visiting hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. There is no visitation during shift change, head count or Holidays. Visits must be scheduled by the previous business day no later than 7:30 p.m. Call the Detention Center to schedule the visit at 405-701-7700 or 405-701-8888 and then press 1.
- 2.What’s the phone number to the Detention Center?
- Call the main Detention Center at 405-701-7700 or 405-701-8888 and then press 1. Other numbers available are 405-701-7701 or 405-701-7702.
- 3.How often can I visit someone in jail?
- Each visitor can visit one inmate 2 times per week but only 1 visit per day. Inmates can receive 2 visits per day but not by the same person.
- 4.What are the rules for visitation at the jail?
- You are required to show a valid driver’s license or state ID at the time of the visit and you must show up 15 minutes prior to the time you would like to visit. You may not wear revealing clothing or conduct behavior that is deemed unacceptable by the Cleveland County Detention Center staff.
All visitations can and will be monitored and or recorded for security purposes. If you have further questions regarding this matter there is a list of rules you can read in the Front Lobby of our facility prior to your inmate visit.
- 5.Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can visit an inmate?
- No, visits can be scheduled for the next day as long as the inmate has been housed, however, you must schedule your appointment 1 business day in advance. We will not have visitation on holidays or weekends
- 6.How long do I have to wait to visit after being released from custody?
- 90 days is the standard waiting period before you can come back and visit the detention center.
- 7.How do I place money on an inmate’s account?
- You may put money on an inmate’s account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using TouchPay by phone at 866-204-1603, or online at the TouchPay website. You can use the kiosk in the front lobby of the Cleveland County Detention Center during business hours.
You will need to know the inmate’s full and correct spelling of his or her name and the correct date of birth for the inmate. The kiosk will then direct you with step by step instructions on how to place money on an inmate’s account.
- 8.How long does it take for someone to be released from jail?
- 9.How do I find out about an inmate’s court dates?
- The court clerk’s office will be able to provide court dates. The phone number is 405-321-6402 or checkonline.
- 10.What do clergy need to do to visit someone in jail?
- Clergy need proof of ordination and a valid driver’s license in order to visit. They do not need to schedule a visit, they are welcome 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 11.How can I receive phone calls from an inmate?
- Call 888-843-1972 to speak with a live operator, available 7 a.m. to midnight, to setup a phone account. There is also a kiosk in the lobby where a cash or credit card deposit to your account can be made.
You can choose “debit” to allow the inmate to only use the account to call them or they can choose “credit” to allow the inmate to call multiple people using the account.