When may I visit an inmate?Visiting Schedule
Davis County Jail now offers at home internet visiting, as well as on site video monitor visits. Visiting will be by appointment only. To make an appointment go to: www.securustech.net/Videovisitation
A visit may be canceled at any time before the visit begins free of charge, but once the visit is started there are no refunds. We recommend using a headset with a microphone for the best sound quality when visiting from home. A monitor and headset is provided for all on site visits. Inmates can receive two scheduled at home internet visits a day according to availability. At home internet visits are subject to a fee. On site public visiting is available by appointment twice a week and is free of charge. Please schedule at home and onsite visits by visiting the above web address. Visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. You may also schedule a visit in the Jail Visiting Lobby.
Lobby Hours Afternoon Evening Monday CLOSED CLOSED Tuesday – Friday CLOSED 19:00-21:00 Saturday – Sunday 13:00-17:00 19:00-21:00
Professional and Clergy visits need to bring in verification in order to receive privileged visits. Please bring your verification to the main Jail Lobby for approval, or call 801-451-4299 in order to schedule an appointment.
What are the visitation guidelines?Visitation Guidelines:
- Each Inmate will be allowed 2 – twenty minute visits weekly.
- Visitors will be limited to 2 adults or 1 adult and two children…NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Visitation is by appointment only.
- All visitors 16 or older are required to present valid government identification prior to visiting.
- There may be delays in visitation due to meal pass, clothing exchange, court, security issues or other required movement.
- Visitation may be terminated at any time without prior notice.
- No visitor who has been sentenced and incarcerated in the Davis County Jail during the past calendar year may visit. Persons who have been arrested and bailed out of jail must be released for at least 1 year prior to any visitation of any other person currently in jail. Exceptions will be made for spouses, children and parents.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or documented legal guardian.
- Minors not related to the inmate will not be allowed to visit.
- It is the inmate’s responsibility to inform visitors of times they are available to visit. Inmates will not be removed from class, work, or any program for visiting.
- Inmates under pre-hearing segregation or other restrictions are not eligible for visitation.
- All visitors must wear shoes
- Visitor’s clothing must comply with proper dress standards. Indecent exposure, bare midriffs, low cut tops, mini skirts, see through or revealing clothing will not be permitted.
- Children must be with an adult at all times and must be kept under control.
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to visit.
- No personal possessions are allowed in the visiting area. This includes purses, diaper bags, cell phones, cameras, and strollers. There are lockers provided that require $0.25 (refundable)
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the visiting area.
Visitors and inmates who circumvent the rules may have their visiting privileges suspended.
There is no visiting on Thanksgiving or Christmas