Children that are under 17 years of age and under are not counted as adults and may visit only under the supervision of a Parent, Legal Guardian, or an Attorney. Your visitors are required to show a valid driver’s license or a state-issued identification card. You are limited to two (2) twenty on-site visits each week with no more than three (3) individuals at one time including children.
- On-site visitation days will be Monday, Thursday and Fridays. Visitation hours will be 8:00am to 10:00am in the morning and from 12:00pm to 4pm in the afternoon. Tuesday vistation hours are from 12pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm.
Arrival must be no later than 30 minutes before the end of visiting hour blocks. Visitation will close promptly at the designated time regardless of what time a visit started.
Off-site visitation can be scheduled Sunday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm. Off-Site visits may be scheduled in advance by the visitor from the Securus Video Visitation Website athttps://www.securustech.net/web/securus/friends
The Hays County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to deny, cancel or terminate a video visit prior to or during a video session based upon visitor or inmate misconduct. The Hays County Sheriff’s Office also reserves the right to restrict a visitor from participating in all future use of the system, either on site or from remote visitation.
Visitation is a privilege and may be denied to any person if the inmate or visitor fails to comply with the visitation rules. Your attorney will be allowed to visit you, upon presentation of proper identification, at any time.
VIDEO VISITATION RULES FOR OFF-SITE VISITATION
- The registering Visitor must be at least 17 years of age and present a valid, government issued photo identification during the initial registration process. Approvals are generally made within 24 to 48 hours.
- The duration of each visit is 25 minutes. Inmates are not restricted as to the number of off-site video visits they may receive in a week. Onsite visits are restricted to 2 visits per week.
- All visits are recorded and subject to electronic monitoring by the Hays County Jail Staff.
- The visitor and inmate are responsible for being present at the start of the scheduled visit. Visitors signing in late will only receive the balance of the remaining time for the scheduled visit.
- No NUDITY, provocative clothing, or tight fitting clothing will be allowed during the visit. Violators will be barred from off-site and on-site visitation.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; displaying items that may be considered contraband such as drugs; drug paraphernalia; weapons; displaying gang signs; symbols; colors; etc., are subject to having the visit canceled and barred from future visits.
- Visitors under the age of 17 must have a parent or guardian present during the off-site visit.
- Any type of provocative or disruptive behavior will not be permitted.
- Do not damage or deface the visitation equipment. Doing so may result in prosecution.
- If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, please refer your family to the Securus Video Visitation web site for assistance or call 800-844-6591.