Visits from family members and friends are beneficial to the inmates and we encourage them during established visiting hours; there can be no extension if you arrive late for your visit.
How to Schedule a Non-Contact visit:
You can schedule a non-contact visit by calling the Kennebec County Correctional Facility at (207) 623-2270 ext. 1227, on Wednesdays and Sundays between the hours of 1200-1600.
Non-Contact Visit Schedule:
Monday-Friday 1845-1945, 2000-2100, 2115-2215
Saturday and Sunday: 1730-1830, 1845-1945, 2000-2100, 2115-2215
All visits last for one (1) hour. If you arrive late the visit will still end at the originally scheduled end time.
Any misconduct prior to or during visits will result in your visit being terminated. Visits will be cancelled at the discretion of the Correctional Employee if they violate facility visitation policies and if the visitor is not dressed “appropriately”.
NOTE: “Appropriately” means clothing must be worn on the upper and lower body at all times. Bare tops and bare feet are not permitted. Halter-tops, tank tops, low cut tops, tube tops, bathing suits, or short skirts/shorts are not permitted.
- All visitors are required to show a valid passport, military, or state photo I.D. prior to each visit.
- During the first seventy-two (72) hours of incarceration, family and friends will not be allowed to visit an inmate.
- The maximum capacity of visitors allowed for any one (1) visit is two (2) adults and two (2) children under the age of eighteen (18), due to facility space constraints.
- All visitors under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or be an emancipated individual with proper documentation showing such. Children must be kept under control at all times or visits may be terminated as a result. Children sitting or standing on visitation tables is prohibited.
- You will conduct yourself in a mature and responsible manner during your visit. Outbursts, loud talking, lewd or indecent behavior, or other unruly actions will not be tolerated and your visit will be terminated as a result. Please respect the rights of others.
- Visitors and inmates are subject to a search before and/or after a visit, to include scanning by a metal detector. No personal items are allowed in the visiting area by any visitor.
- Former Inmates of the Kennebec County Correctional Facility must wait thirty (30) days after release and receive approval from the Classifications Officer prior to visiting.
- Juveniles: Are only allowed to visit inmates at the Correctional Facility if they are accompanied by their parent or Legal Guardian.
- Canceling a Visit: if you will be unable to be present for your visit please call, so that we may try and give this allotted time to someone else.
Contact Visit Schedule:
Inside Trusty’s: Wednesday and Saturday 2000-2110
Outside Trusty’s: Friday and Saturday 2115-2215, Saturday 1845-1945
General Population: 3rdThursday of every month from 2000-2100
CARA Males: Mondays and Saturdays 1730-1830, Contact and Non-Contact Visits
CARA Females: Mondays and Saturdays 1845-1945, Contact and Non-Contact Visits
NOTE: Contact visits are granted upon inmate request. You cannot call to schedule a contact visit. It is the inmate’s responsibility to notify you of the date and time when a contact visit is granted. In order to receive a contact visit an inmate must be incarcerated for thirty (30) days and submit a Request for Contact Visit form.