WHAT ARE THE GENERAL RULES FOR VISITATION AT THE LUBBOCK COUNTY DETENTION CENTER?
1. All visitors over 17 years of age must have a valid Government Issue identification such as:
• State issued identification card
• Driver’s License
• Bar card
• Military Identification card
• Law enforcement agency/commission identification with photograph
• Official passport
2. Inmates are allowed only one adult visitor per visit. Up to two children may accompany the adult visitor as long as they can be adequately controlled.
3. Visitors can visit an inmate only once per day.
4. No loud talking, yelling or obscene language.
5. Parents must control children at all times; no climbing, running or horseplay will be allowed.
6. No food, gum, candy, Drinks, cell phones, purses, backpacks, pens, pencils or bags of any kind allowed into the visitation rooms. All items must be secured in your vehicle or the lockers provided.
7. All visitors are subject to the Lubbock County Detention Center dress code policy.
Violation of any rules may result in the termination of the visit. Entering the visitation rooms conveys an understanding and agreement to all posted rules.
Visitation areas are monitored by security cameras.
HOW DO I PICKUP INMATE PROPERTY?
If picking up property for an inmate that is currently incarcerated at the Lubbock County Detention Center, the inmate will first have to complete and sign a property release letter (which can be provided to him/her upon request). The inmate will designate a specific person as the one who will be retrieving their belongings. Once the form has been completed and signed, the person designated to retrieve the property will have to go to the bond window of the Lubbock County Detention Center and present a valid I.D. Prior to giving the designated individual the property requested, he/she will have to sign the document as well to show the property was given to them. Once the transaction is completed, the request will be placed in the inmate’s file.
If inquiring about property for an inmate that has been sent to TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice), and is no longer in our custody, the individual attempting to collect the property will not be given the property. At the time the inmate is being released to TDCJ, he/she will fill out a form designating an individual to pick the property up that was left behind. The inmate will also have to provide contact information and an address for the person he/she has designated. A copy of the form will be sent via U.S. Mail to the designated person notifying them of the property which is to be picked up by them. The letter will provide instructions on how to retrieve the property and how long the designated person has to retrieve it. The property will be packed and stored separately until it is picked up. If the property is not picked up within the allotted time, it will be discarded or donated.
WHERE DO I REPORT AS A WEEKENDER?
Once you have been established as a “weekender” to serve the time you have been sentenced, you will report to the Lubbock County Detention Center at 3502 N. Holly 79408. You are to report, and check in, at the visitation lobby. Staff will be available to ensure you have checked in and to escort you to the processing area. It is important you report prior to the time that has been set for you. For example, if you are scheduled to start your time beginning at 6:00pm, you should report a few minutes prior to that time.
HOW DO I CONTACT SOMEONE IN JAIL?
To write an inmate in the Lubbock County Detention Center:
Inmate’s Name and S.O. Number
P.O. Box 10535
Lubbock, Texas 79408
*The envelope must have a return address.
To find an inmate’s SO number:
Detention tab, Active Jail Roster tab, find inmate’s name, Public Info Sheet tab
HOW DO I CONTACT THE LUBBOCK COUNTY DETENTION CENTER?
Law Enforcement Admin: 806-775-1488