JAIL VISITATION POLICY
- Visitation Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 10:55 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:55 p.m
- All visits are by appointment only and must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- A maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years old are allowed per visit. Children 12 and over are scheduled as an adult visitor.
- Any visitor under the age of 18 must be scheduled with an adult 18 years of age or older.
- All on site visits are 25 minutes in length and take place 5 days a week – excluding federal holidays. No loitering in the visitation area upon completion of the visit.
- Visitors should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment for check in. No visitors will be admitted after their scheduled visitation time. Visit will be forfeited.
- All visitors must identify themselves to Sheriff Department Staff with valid government issued identification. Current school year photo id may be used for anyone under 18.
- All visitors are subject to search by Muskegon County Sheriff Office Staff.
- Improper conduct during the visit will result in the visit being terminated and/or future visits being suspended.
- No cell phones, electronic devices or cameras allowed.
- No purses, backpacks or bags allowed.
- No strollers allowed.
- No food, candy or drinks allowed.
VISITATION CLOTHING POLICY
CLOTHING THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
- No tube, tank, halter, spaghetti straps or sleeveless tops.
- No clothing which exposes undergarments or excessive skin, e.g. abdomen, breast, chest, back, thigh, etc.
- Extremely form-fitting clothing and extremely loose fitting clothing will not be allowed.
- Skirts/dresses cannot be more than 3 inches above the knee.
- No pajamas.
- No clothing which displays obscene or inflammatory words, symbols, names, gestures, pictures or gang insignias.