2:00pm – 5:00pm and 7:00pm – 9:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Anyone with an outstanding bill with the Pipestone County Jail will be denied inmate visitation unless a payment is made until the bill is paid in full.
Inmate Visitors Rules
- Visits are restricted to a maximum of 20 minutes, one time per day with any one person.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age to visit an inmate; anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All visitors must provide photo identification.
Inmate Telephone Communication
- Messages are not taken for the inmates.
- If you wish to leave a message for an inmate, you may do so by calling the inmate message system at (507) 825-2912. These messages are not confidential.
- Inmates may purchase phone cards from the Jail or on-line atwww.reliancetelephone.com.
- Phone Cards from the jail are available in the amounts of $10 and $20. (Phone cards are $0.50 a minute.)
- All mail must come through the United States Post Office; only mail that comes through the Post Office will be delivered to the inmate.
- All mail is inspected by Jail staff.
- The Jail does not accept envelopes, or mail left by visitors for the inmate.
- Inmates are allowed (3) photos.
- These photos MAY NOT include gang graffiti, unclothed persons, or photos with alcohol/cigarettes.
Item inmates are allowed to have in facility
- (3) Pairs of socks – must be new in original package
- (3) Undergarments – must be new in original package or have tags
- (3) T-shirts – may be long or short sleeved – White ONLY no logos, or prints. Must be new in original package or have tags.
- Puzzle Books
- Religious Books
All items are inspected by jail staff.
Prison Rape Elimination Act
“The Prison Rape Elimination Act” (PREA) is a federal law that prohibits and seeks to eliminate sexual assaults and sexual misconduct in correctional settings. The Pipestone County Jail is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for staff and offenders. “Sexual activity and behaviors of any kind are not allowed in the Pipestone County Jail. All sexual behavior should be reported”. You are specifically advised that:
- The Pipestone County Jail enforces zero tolerance for sexual assault, abuse, or any sexual activities and behaviors of any kind, between inmates, inmates and county staff or volunteers, or inmates and vendors working for the county.
- Inmates who have consensual sexual contact with another inmate will be disciplined.
- Inmates who have non-consensual sexual contact with another inmate, county staff, volunteers or vendors working for the county will be disciplined and referred for criminal prosecution.
- Employees, volunteers, and vendors who are found to have engaged in sexual contact or sexual misconduct with offenders will be disciplined and referred for criminal prosecution when applicable.
- The public may report in person or through written communication, to the Sheriff, Captain or Jail Administrator.
- False reporting of a PREA violation is a crime and can be punished under the law and will not be tolerated.