Redwood County Jail Visitation Policy
Visiting hours are as follows:
Saturday: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Children under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit immediate family during the Saturday visiting period only. Children 15 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult family member over the age of 18. No children will be left unsupervised at any time.
- Inmates will be allowed two (2) adult visitors per day.
- Visits will be limited to twenty (20) minutes once per day with any one individual.
- All visiting will take place in the visiting quarters of the jail lobby. Video visiting will be provided for that purpose and will be limited to twenty (20) minutes. Each visitor will be allowed one visit per inmate per day. (The length of visits may be limited to allow others to visit and use the visiting video quarters at the discretion of the Jailer on duty.)
- An inmate, including work release, will be allowed to contact visiting only with his attorney, clergyman, probation/parole officer, police officials and medical personnel.
- Positive identification may be required of all visitors.
- Any person with the aroma of alcohol or who appears to be under the influence of drugs will not be allowed to visit any prisoner.
- All visitors will be registered. Visitors are subject to a frisk search. Anyone refusing to be searched will not be allowed to visit and will be asked to leave the building.
- If young children accompany adults during adult visiting days, there must be a person along to supervise them so they are not left alone in the lobby area or outside of the building. Children will not be allowed in the video visiting room, with the exception to school student’s visitors.
- No food will be brought into inmates. Food is not to be consumed in the lobby by persons waiting to visit or in the video visiting room.
- No personal items can be brought in for a prisoner’s use. All letters, pictures, etc., must come to the inmate through the U.S. Post Office.
- Money for prisoners will be deposited in the kiosk located in the lobby of the jail.
- Inmates may not come back as a visitor to visit another inmate for 6 months after their release date.
- All exceptions to the above must have prior approval by the Sheriff or Jail Administrator.