It is the mission of the ROBERTSON COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY to house inmates in a safe and secure setting, to provide safety and security to the Robertson County community, and service to the judicial systems of Robertson County, The State of Tennessee, and the United States of America.
Kiosks are available in the visitation lobby and the main lobby of the jail to allow family members to deposit funds in an inmate’s commissary account. The instructions are located at each kiosk machine.
Commissary funds may also be deposited into an inmate’s account through the internet at www.vendengine.com . The funds are deposited into an account being managed by a blind vendor with the Tennessee Business Enterprises Program who operates the inmate commissary as a sole proprietor. The County has no responsibility for these funds or the day-to-day management of the commissary.
Robertson County Detention Facility Visitation
Visitation Area Rules & Dress Code
- No Shorts or Pajama Pants
- No Hats to be worn
- No sunglasses
- No low cut blouses
- No tank tops
Items not allowed in visitation area are
- No weapons firearms or knifes
- No tobacco products
- No backpacks
- No food or drinks
- No books or newspapers
- Pagers and cell phones must be turned off
- Children may accompany parents or guardians but must not cause a disruption for other visitors
- Violations will cause visits to be terminated and violators banned.
All inmates are allowed a one hour visit per week. Visitation space is limited and ALL VISITS MUST be scheduled through the visitation office. Visitation hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 4:00pm and Saturdays 12:00 noon to 4:00pm. For a complete list of visitation rules please contact the visitation office at
615-382-6783. All visitor need to be on time, anyone more than 15 minutes late will have the visit cancelled.
Jail Ministry Program
The Robertson County Detention Facility accepts applications for the volunteer ministry program. Volunteer Ministers are required to meet strict qualifications and guidlines, including a background investigation. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer minister, please click the RCDF Ministry Application link below and follow the instructions.
RCDF Ministry Application (click here)
Mailing in Books and Packages
- No personal packages for inmates will be accepted at the facility.
- Inmates and/or their family members may purchase paperback books from one of the approved venders and have the books shipped directly to the facility.
- Books should be shipped to: ROBERTSON COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY 311 5th AVE. East Springfield, TN 37172
- The approved venders are: Barnes& Noble, Books A Million and Amazon.com . Books must be shipped by UPS or USPS. No books will be accepted from family members or individuals at the facility.
- Books must be free from inflammatory material and less than 3 inches thick. No CDS, DVDS, VHS, AUDIO TAPES, MAGAZINES, or COMIC BOOKS will be allowed.
There is a three book restriction per order due to limited storage space.
PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act)
Any complaints regarding PREA can be reported by calling (615) 384-7971 or firstname.lastname@example.org