FAMILY & FRIENDS
Before considering a visit to an MDC inmate, please refer to the MDC Custody List to locate inmate’s assigned unit before visiting.
Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Visits may be cancelled without prior notice.
Inmates are only allowed two visits per week; and inmates must have been in custody for 72 hours before visits can begin.
Please click here to see the current MDC visiting schedule.
Remote Video Visitation is currently unavailable.
NO CELL PHONES ARE ALLOWED IN THE VISITING ROOM
Visits may be denied for any of the following reasons:
- An MDC supervisor, manager, or administrator considers the visitor a threat to the safety of the center, staff, or inmates
- The inmate refuses the visit
- The visitor is abusive to MDC personnel
- The visitor is not present at the time of the visit
- The visitor is inappropriately dressed
Visitor Dress Code (appropriate dress for male and female visitors, 12 years of age and older)
- Revealing, sheer, or see-through clothing is not allowed
- Shorts or miniskirts are not allowed (men’s/boy’s shorts below the knee are acceptable)
- Sleeveless or low-cut shirts are not allowed
- Dresses and capri pants must be below the knee when in a seated position
- Some type of footwear must be worn by the visitor at all times (sandals and flip-flops are acceptable)
- Hats, bandanas, and scarves are not allowed
- Car seats, strollers, and diaper bags are not permitted in the visiting room, but can be left in the designated area in the lobby
- Coats must be removed prior to visit and can be placed in available lockers or in the designated area
- Only three people per visit (regardless of age)