There are two video visitation options:
Remote Video Visit: A video visit conducted over the internet through the use of a visitor’s home computer and a video terminal located in the inmate housing units.
Absent exigent circumstances, the number of Remote Video Visits an inmate may receive is unlimited, based upon time-slots availability. Visitation may be scheduled a maximum of two weeks in advance or a minimum of 72 hours.
All Remote Video visitations are provided to you at a rate of $10 with a time frame totaling 20 minutes per visit and may be lessened depending upon circumstances.
Visiting Hours are daily 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM – by appointment only.
In order to schedule and conduct a Remote Video Visit, visitor must create an account and schedule their visits by going to the website: https://brevardfl.gtlvisitme.com/
All you need for a Remote Video Visit is:
• Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, MAC OSX or Linux with 1.2GHz (or faster) processor
• 256 MB of RAM
• Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) with
• Flash Player (10 or greater) plug-in
• Sound Card with Microphone
• High Speed Internet Access (at least 400 Kbps)
On-Site Visit: A video visit conducted through the use of a visitor video terminal at the Brevard County Jail Complex Visitation Center and a video terminal located in the inmate housing units.
Photo ID is required (Driver’s license, local, state or government ID card, Military ID, Passport U.S. Immigration identification including Visas). You must be registered as a visitor prior to the visitation date and time.
You may schedule an On-Site Visit at the follow website https://brevardfl.gtlvisitme.com/ or by calling the Jail Complex Visitation Center 24-hours a day at 321-690-1518, whereupon you will be transferred to a voicemail system. We ask that you please leave the following information in your message:
• The name of the inmate which you wish to visit
• Your name
• Contact information
• The time of day which you wish to visit (Morning, Afternoon, Evening)
A member of our Brevard County Visitor Complex will contact you in the order in which your call was received. Please be advised that three attempts within a 24-hour period will be made to schedule your appointment. If contact is not made 24-hours after your initial call, we invite you to re-contact the Brevard County Visitor Complex in order to make another appointment.
All On-Site Video visitations are provided to you free of charge with a time frame totaling 45 minutes per visit and may be lessened depending upon circumstances.
Visitors may receive a maximum of 3 visits per inmate per week with no more than 3 visits per week or 1 visit per day. Visitation may be scheduled a maximum of two weeks in advance or a minimum of 72 hours.
Upon completion of an onsite visitation, citizens are welcome to speak with Jail Complex Visitation Personnel to schedule another visit.
Visiting Hours are daily 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM – by appointment only.
Professional Visits: If you are a Professional visitor such as a lawyer, please contact the correctional facility directly to determine the process for obtaining “Professional Visitor” status. You can continue with the registration as a personal Visitor and once you obtain “Professional Visitor” status, you will see the label “Professional” next to your name on the homepage. In addition, your professional visits will not be monitored or recorded.
Special Visits can be approved by the Jail Command Staff. Generally these visitors include employers, sponsors, welfare agents, probation officers, lawyers, clergy, or relatives visiting from out of county or state.
For more information, please speak to a Visitation Officer at the Brevard County Jail Complex or visit the following website: https://brevardfl.gtlvisitme.com/
YOU MUST ABIDE BY THESE RULES IN ORDER TO VISIT INMATES. VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RULES MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF VISITATION PRIVILEGE.
1. Inmates may receive a maximum of 3 visits per week.
2. Visitors will receive a maximum of 3 visits per inmate per week with no more than 3 visits per week.
3. Visits will be scheduled no more than two weeks in advance.
4. For On-Site Visits: Visits will start at the top of each hour and last up to but no more than 45 minutes. (At: 45 after the hour all stations will disconnect.) For Remote Video Visits: Visits will start on the hour and ½ hour for 20 minutes per visit and may be lessened depending upon circumstances.
5. On-Site Visitors will be required to sign in 15 minutes in advance.
6. Photo ID is required (Driver’s license, local, state or government ID card, Military ID, Passport U.S. Immigration identification including Visas). You must be registered as a visitor prior to the visitation date and time. You may also contact inmates via mail. Correspondence to include pre-postage paid postcards only. You must address the correspondence in the following format with proper name and date of birth: John M. Doe, 01-01-11, 860 Camp Road, Cocoa, Florida 32927.
7. If less than 18 years old you MUST be accompanied by a registered parent or legal guardian (with proof of guardianship) at all times. The parent or legal guardian will be responsible for the conduct of the child.
8. There will be only 1 child per adult. Children will not be allowed to sit on the visitation booth ledge. They will sit on the stool provided or will sit on the lap of the adult. Children are to be supervised at all times and not to be left unattended in any area at anytime or the adult responsible for the child will be asked to leave and their visitation terminated.
9. Anyone noted as the victim, has a no contact order or an injunction with the inmate will not be allowed to visit.
10. All personal property except your ID will be secured in your vehicle, this includes cell-phones.
11. The Visitation clerk must approve pictures before showing them to inmate.
12. Visitors must be dressed appropriately. Visits will not be permitted if the visitor is dressed in a manner considered inappropriate or emotionally enticing to the inmate population by the on-duty Deputy/Visitation Clerk. Shoes are to be worn at all times, including children. Males and Females: The following will not be permitted: hot pants, short shorts (must be no shorter than 3 TO 4 inches above the knee), frayed shorts, swim suits, spandex, tank tops, see-thru blouses/ shirts, low-cut necklines, shirt/blouses with spaghetti straps, skirts or dresses more than 1 1/2 inches above the knee, bare feet, or any attire which maybe emotionally enticing to the inmate population or is deemed inappropriate by the on duty Deputy/Visitation Clerk. IF ASKED TO COVER UP, YOU MUST DO SO.
13. THERE SHALL BE NO PROFANITY OR LEWD BEHAVIOR PERMITTED OF ANY KIND AT ANY TIME.
14. Any destruction or defacing of county property by inmates or visitors is subject to temporary or permanent suspension of visitation privileges. Do not bang the phones or pull the cords. If you need assistance ask the Visitation Clerk.
15. Persons under the influence of alcoholic beverages, narcotic, or other drugs, or exhibiting irrational behavior for any reason will not be allowed to visit or remain on county property.
16. There will be no smoking or eating allowed. Drinking (non-alcoholic beverages) allowed only in waiting area.
17. Any disturbances or emotional disruptive behavior exhibited at any time will result in your visitation being canceled, and you will not be allowed to remain on county property.
18. Visitation may be audio and/or video recorded.
19. Any violation of these rules will result in temporary or permanent suspension of visitation privileges. The Officer-in-Charge may terminate a visit at anytime: a rule violation warrants such action.
Tips for visitors:
• Be sure you are properly registered as a visitor before visiting.
• Arrive prior to scheduled visitation hours and check in with the Visitation Clerk.
• Bring a photo ID, you will be asked for it prior to your visit.
• Dress appropriately. See Rule #12 above. Wear shirts and shoes at all times.
• Obey all directions given to you by the Visitation Clerk.
• Any problems or questions should be addressed to the Visitation Clerk.
• If you need special accommodations, please notify the Visitation Clerk.
Persons prohibited from visitation:
• Persons under the age of 18 who are not accompanied by a registered legal guardian.
• Persons who previously have had harmful effects on the inmate.
• Persons who have demonstrated a threat to the security and /or order at the Visitation Center. In the event a visitor is not approved for a visit, the inmate will be notified along with the reason of denial.
• Persons having a No-Contact Order or involvement in an inmate’s current case will not be allowed to visit that inmate.
Remote vs. On-Site
|REMOTE VIDEO VISIT||ON-SITE VIDEO VISIT|
|You may visit an inmate as often as you choose while visiting from home.||Visitors will receive a maximum of 3 visits per inmate per week with no more than 3 visits per week.|
|Visiting from home allows you to have your entire family visit at the same time.||Visiting an inmate on-site is limited to no more than two (2) people at a time.|
|Visiting from home allows you to visit every day, as often as you like, during the hours of 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM based upon time-slots availability.||Onsite visits are only allowed during the hours of 8 AM to 7:30 PM, and inmates may receive a maximum of 3 visits per week.|