Visiting Rules & Regulations
Visiting hours are restricted to specific times for specific areas in each jail facility. For detailed information, consult the inmate visiting schedule for each of the jail facilities operated by BSO.
Accommodations are made for one 2-hour visit per inmate per week. Visiting days and hours vary according to the BSO jail facility. Inmates are informed of visiting days and hours and are responsible for relaying this information to those who wish to visit them.
- Due to limited visiting space, only two adults or one minor supervised by a parent or guardian may visit during the weekly visiting period.
- Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, military identification, passport or state-issued ID card, must be presented by each adult visitor. Visitors who do not have proper identification will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed. Shoes, shirts and appropriate underclothing must be worn. Visitors wearing suggestive clothing, transparent fabric, short-shorts or mini-skirts will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must present either a birth certificate or court documentation showing appointment of legal guardianship. Minors must be supervised at all times by the parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors must remain in the assigned visiting room/area during the visit and will be denied further visitation if determined to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Visitors may not give anything to or take anything from an inmate.
- Proper behavior of all visitors is required.