The Indiana Department of Correction has two options to submit a request to visit:
- Online application: All visitors must be on an offender’s approved visitors list in order for the application to be considered. To fill out an online application, once you have contacted the offender and the offender has stated to you that they had submitted a request to add-on/update their visiting, then you may submit your Electronic Visitation Application via www.jpay.com. If you do not have a JPAY account, you will have to open a free account. When this is completed, you will be able to access the online visitation application version, which can be filled out and submitted electronically. Individuals applying on-line may go back to the JPAY site to check to see the status of their online application.
- Printed application: To fill out a paper application, please contact the offender and request that they send you a copy of the visitation application. The completed application must be mailed to the offender’s IDOC facility. Faxes and emails are not accepted. The offender will notify visitors if they have been approved or denied.
Regardless of the process chosen visiting applications must be filled out completely in order to be processed. If you are uncertain as to whether you are on an offender’s visitors list or to check the status of your printed application, you may contact the offender you wish to visit.
Choosing the electronic visitation application will also allow you to see whether you have been approved or denied once your application has been processed after a few days. Please do not call the facility to check on your visitation status; this information cannot be given over the phone. For more information please see the IDOC Visitation Policy and Visitation Guidelines.
Visiting hours vary at each facility. Click on the facility name below for general visiting hours. Please remember to always contact the facility before coming to visit, for the latest visitation updates. Contact information for each facility can be found here.
- Branchville Correctional Facility
- Chain O’Lakes Correctional Facility
- Correctional Industrial Facility
- Edinburgh Correctional Facility
- Henryville Correctional Facility
- Indiana State Prison
- Indiana Women’s Prison
- Indianapolis Re-entry Educational Facility
- Madison Correctional Facility
- Miami Correctional Facility
- New Castle Correctional Facility
- Pendleton Correctional Facility
- Plainfield Correctional Facility
- Plainfield STOP
- Putnamville Correctional Facility
- Reception Diagnostic Center
- Rockville Correctional Facility
- South Bend Community Re-entry Center
- Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Westville Correctional Facility