Rules and Regulations
Restrictions regarding visitors shall be implemented for the security of the facility. These restrictions shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- All visitors are required to show photo identification bearing date of birth.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. A spouse under eighteen (18) years of age will be allowed to visit with his/her husband or wife who is incarcerated provided he/she has; proper identification and proof of marriage.
- All visits will be non-contact in nature.
- Anyone wearing inmodest or improper clothing with not be allowed to visit. I.e. no shirt, no shoes, no visit!
- Inmates have the right to refuse any visitor.
- Only two visitors per inmate will be allowed at one time in the visitation room.
- All visits will be limited to twenty (20) minutes and may be reduced if the number of visitors exceeds the alloted time.
- No visitor shall attempt to introduce any article to the inmate he/she is visiting.
- Smoking is prohibited in the facility.
- Visitors that have a contagious disease will not be admitted.
- Visitors shall not be verbally abusive, disruptive or disorderly prior to or during any visit. They may be subject to arrest or required to leave.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to visit and may be subject to arrest.
- Visitors may be subject to a “pat down” search if reasonable suspicion exists as to officer or public safety.
- Violation of any of the above regulations may result in loss of visitation privileges for both inmates and visitors.
- Emergency restrictions may be authorized if persons or groups are engaged in a disruptive act during the visitation interval.
- Emergency restrictions for the total inmate population may be authorized by the Sheriff, Undersheriff, Lieutenant or Sergeant.
Special visits are allowed but only when pre-approved by the on duty Sergeant, Lieutenant, Undersheriff or Sheriff, and only if the visitor lives one hundred and fifty (150) miles or more from Jackson, Wyoming.